Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day in LA

Bonus! I get two fathers day this year as today is fathers day in the United States. What did we do? Ken and I did our thing wandering around a shopping mall while Kerry and Christine did a spot of shopping. It was good for us as Ken and I had a chance to discuss the bike trip and work out what we all wanted to get from it. We found this supermarket and I have to say it was the best one that I have ever seen. Well laid out and the size of it was an eye opener.
When we got back to the hotel Clint and Charleen were there which was a surprise as they were not expected in until tomorrow. So for the first time the six of us are together and ready to go but we still have two days here before we pick the bikes up and head off.
Here are a couple of photo's that may be interesting including Ken and I kicked back while the girls shopped.

2 comments:

  1. Kerry is obviously spoilt for choice, the elvis lookalike Bob,or the bare legged holidaymaker ??
    no wonder you needed 2 fathers days with a split personality ? You both look very relaxed and will be ready to join the Grey nomads or in Bob's case the shiny nomad on your return !! only kidding Bob
    Enjoy your travels -
    Alistair & Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to meeting you all. I heard that there is a GL1800 shortage and that all rental reservations have been changed to Vespa scooters. No worries, Clint and I ride slow enough that a Vespa is too fast.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete